Monday, June 1, 2009

Blitzen Trapper - "Furr"

I heard Blitzen Trapper's "Furr" watching the TV show "Chuck" one night (watch it, it's awesome). As soon as it started, I knew I was going to be looking for this one.

So how do you describe this band? It's a little different, like mixing Folk music with Rock music. And it's a pretty awesome combination. Not only are the lyrics great, but there's just so much to listen to in this song. And not the overwhelming kind of "so much", we're talking the Goldie Locks "Just right" kind. I mentioned I'm not much of a country fan, but I do love Folk music and I'm a big fan of bluegrass because, if you're good, then you really know how to incorporate the right amount of instruments without sounding like you're trying too hard.

It's a pretty easy going song. They have more upbeat ones, but that's for another day.

Oh, and their harmonizing skills are masterful. They give me chills, it's so awesome.

Check them out on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/blitzentrapper

No comments:

Post a Comment