Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lynam - "It's All in Your Head"

Lynam. Found these guys completely by accident, flipping through mom and dad's satellite radio channels when I was visiting one weekend. And since then, they never let me down.

The thing I love about this band is they have such a unique sound. It's kind of like reinvented old school rock, and every now and again they mix it up with a hint of bluegrass. Two of my favorite things.

I chose "It's All in Your Head" because I'm in a rocking kind of mood today :-P I love the way this song starts, and true to Lynam fashion, they completely rock that guitar.

There are some songs I listen to and love the lyrics so much that I end up loving the song more. And then there are some songs I listen to and the music trumps the lyrics. The lyrics to this song are somewhat forgettable, not anything thought-inducing, in my own opinion, but the music is just plain awesome that it doesn't even matter.

And speaking of awesome? That guitar. Wait until you're about 2/3 in, and you'll know what I'm talking about. These guys know what they're doing. And if you doubt their guitar playing skills, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JultSpWdhQc

That kid knows how to play.

I also highly recommend their songs "Save My Soul" and "Just Say Anything".

Check out a live version of "It's All In Your Head" on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5UqJTpHJR0 (caution: explicit language)

No comments:

Post a Comment