Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Coheed & Cambria - "Welcome Home"

I'm not planning to make these insanely long, so check the songs out if you have a few spare minutes. You might be pleasantly surprised.

On to the song of the moment:

I've talked to some people about Coheed & Cambria and it usually goes either way; they love them, or they just don't.

It's usually the same argument when they don't: "I don't like the lead singer's voice."

And who am I to argue with that? There are plenty of songs I'm put off by because the singer just doesn't do anything for me. Most country songs, for example. The singing just makes me go, "Eh."

But I'm going to defend Claudio Sanchez, lead singer of this incredibly awesome band, because as much as I love a deep, raspy voice...This man can sing

"Welcome Home" is one of my favorites. It just rocks. The guitars are amazing, the drums, the background vocals...it's epic. I love epic music. But the thing that does it for me is Sanchez. The first time I heard him, I thought, "Oh now that's different." His voice is higher than I usually like when it comes to good, blood-pumping rock music. But the more I listened, the more in love I fell. His voice is absolutely beautiful, and it's like he can do anything with it. Paired with such poetic lyrics, as pretty much all of their songs have, they're everything I love about a band. Easily one of my favorites at the moment.

Check out the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_xzitahlU (caution: explicit language)

No comments:

Post a Comment