Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hurt - "Wars"

So here's the deal: I'm going to pick out some of my favorite songs and tell you why I love them. I do this anyway with a lot of you (you know who you are), so I've decided to post my love here on blogger.

Let's get started, shall we?

Tree recommended this band, Hurt, to me, and I quickly fell in love. Not unusual, as I tend to die over all things music.

Hurt is harder rock. The song, "Wars", is pretty typical these days, lyrics-wise. It's about war (duh, right?). We've all seen these songs popping up more and more, but this one is definitely something. If you can make it past the bleak lyrics (and come on, who doesn't want a good depressing song to brood over every now and again?), just keep your ears on the music itself.

I can't say I'm a music guru or anything, I just know what I like. And these guitars are sweet. Not to mention the beautiful arrangement during the chorus.

And did I mention his voice is raspy and gravelly and makes me swoon? I think some of us know how I feel about raspy voices.

Check out their myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment