Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Train" by Nyles Lannon

I've been listening to this song called, "Train" by Nyles Lannon. It came on shuffle last night, and I had never heard it before. I don't remember ever downloading it, but it's in my purchased folder on iTunes; apparently I bought it a while back and just never listened to it. It's on a soundtrack to a movie I've never heard of, and frankly, it took me by surprise. It's not the lyrics, because I've hardly listened to them, to be perfectly honest. They seem nice enough, as I've caught snippets through the music.

The music, paired with the singer's voice, is just so soothing. I'm ready to pull up a blanket, sip my coffee and burrow into a book right now with this song playing in the background. How else can I describe it? It's just plain lovely.

Listen to a clip here: http://www.last.fm/music/Nyles+Lannon

In other news, I'm trying to teach myself how to play the guitar using the internet as my teacher. I've discovered one major thing: My fingers are short and I need a guitar with a smaller neck. The guitar I have is a hand-me-down, so it's definitely good to start out with, doing some practice stuff. I hope to get my own one day, though. Preferably one my fingers can fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment