Sunday, May 8, 2011

"To Build A Home" - The Cinematic Orchestra

On January 25th, I was in a car accident. I lost a lot of my creative energy due to it and have neglected this blog, but it slowly returned to me and I really am doing okay. Physical therapy hopefully won't last much longer.

I do have a request, for anyone who reads this: Please pray for Khim, whose strength and courage after all she's been through is truly inspiring. She's my hero. She's one of the strongest women I've ever known, and I pray for her recovery every day of my life. I ask you to say a prayer as well, or just think of her if praying isn't your thing. She's an incredible young lady.

This song, "To Build A Home" is one I will constantly come back to. One thing I love about certain songs is when they can pull off those dramatic climbs in the music. Not really a slow build, but sort of, only done multiple times in a song. "White Blank Page" by Mumford and Sons is an awesome example, and this song, by The Cinematic Orchestra is one that effectively pulls it off. Sometimes it's not something I want in a song, but it's wonderful in this case.

Not only is the music spectacular, but the lyrics are just so poetic that I almost feel like bursting into tears sometimes. I love it when a song does that to me! Check these out:

Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed it's knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
I held on as tightly as you held onto me


Truly breathtaking.

You can listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f8h1xtkb0U&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment