Monday, November 29, 2010

"Intro" - The XX

I'm going instrumental tonight, Khim. I just downloaded this song, and it's getting to me in so many different ways. If I had to try and pinpoint something particular, I'd have to say the drums really make me get very excited about this song. Right around 23 seconds, when they first start, because the beginning is my favorite part. Everything just seems to work together so beautifully. This is one of those songs that has you kind of silently jamming with your eyes closed. Does that make sense to you? And then when the voices chime in, I get goosebumps. I love a song that can do that to me.

It makes me feel inspired to be creative. We all need a little more of that in our lives, don't we?

Listen HERE.

Until next week, dear!

1 comment:

  1. You never ever cease to amaze me! The song as soon as it started gave me goosebumps, it made me teary eyed.

    I can't tell you what it means to me to have you on my shoulder, your love and words of encouragement is that little voice that is in my head when I wake up feeling like I can't take anymore or get out of bed.

    Khim is in love with the song, we're both so grateful to have you! <3

    ReplyDelete